Oracle e-Business Suite R12.2
Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.5 Released
On 16 October 2015, Oracle announced that Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.5 was generally available for download. This version brings with it a much fresher, more modern user interface:
What Does Release 12.2.5 Include?
12.2.5 includes new features, statutory and regulatory updates, and enhancements for stability, performance, and security. Release 12.2.5 is cumulative. That means that as well as providing new updates for this release, it also includes updates that were originally made available as one-off patches for earlier 12.2 releases.
12.2.5 has been brought in line with the general look and feel of Oracle Cloud (which most people will know as Oracle Fusion):
New Functional Capabilities Across the Suite
Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.5 delivers customer-driven functional advances across the integrated suite to help organisations further optimise their business processes.
Key advances include:
- Financials: Oracle General Ledger integrates with the Approvals Management framework (AME) to increase automation of journal approvals and improve governance, control and compliance.
- Oracle Receivables provides new methods for automated receipt application, and a new user interface optimised to work on tablets so that users around the organisation (e.g. in your warehouse) can mark items as received without having to go back to their desk:
- Procurement: Oracle Procurement Command Centre, a new product, allows increased visibility and access to purchasing activities for more value creation.
- Oracle iProcurement Information Discovery helps improve buying decisions with ratings and reviews for catalogue items and services.
- iProcurement uploads catalogues via the Oracle Supplier Network (OSN) to automate catalogue management.
- Projects: Oracle Advanced Project Planning and Control, a new product, allows increased visibility to project status for more proactive management. Oracle Projects can improve project control with a contractual schedule of values.
- Order Management and Logistics: Oracle Order Management extends support for flexible ordering of products, services, subscriptions, and warranties. Oracle Contract Renewal Command Centre, a new product, helps improve visibility to service and lease renewals for higher loyalty. Flexible serial tagging in inventory and warehouse management organisations reduces overhead by capturing serial numbers only at point of use. Zone picking in Oracle Warehouse Management provides reduced idle time and improves picking efficiency.
- Manufacturing: Component availability management allows production schedulers to identify and adjust for component shortages and other unanticipated events. Expanded support for outsourced manufacturing scenarios includes discrete industries support for internal toll manufacturing organisations, and process industries support for outside processing.
- Asset Management: Oracle Enterprise Asset Management provides map visualisations to speed location and work management of discrete and linear assets.
- Service: Oracle Service enables shared service centre operation using multi-org access control (MOAC), with service execution users accessing just the service requests in their operating unit. Configurable HTML user interfaces (UIs) in Oracle Field Service and Oracle TeleService help increase the productivity of field service dispatchers and call centre agents.
- Value Chain Planning: Oracle Service Parts Planning provides capabilities for automotive and high tech industries. A new UI for Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning includes mobile support.
- Human Capital Management: A flexible, HTML payroll dashboard allows quick validation of payroll readiness and provides improved monitoring of payroll runs. Organisations can configure talent matrices of different dimensions to organise their talent.
A key feature of Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2 was Online Patching, which offers a smooth, predictable patching process that can dramatically reduce maintenance downtimes while maintaining business continuity. This latest release increases the efficiency and visibility of Online Patching operations. A simplified patching mode for development environments lets developers rapidly apply and test code changes without using full Online Patching capabilities. Database and system administrators can leverage enhanced Online Patching system validation and progress monitoring, as well as faster middle tier startup and shutdown.