Oracle HCM Lead Consultant
Our functional team needs skilled Consultants who are confident, self-starters and have excellent communication skills. They need to ensure that they are comfortable in taking on new challenges that may be outside their comfort zone, as we work at the forefront of technology. The role will be part of the PDG functional team in which there is a very strong culture of teamwork, cooperation and collaboration. The role will be to create a HCM practice and to manage this practice. You will be joining our rapidly expanding team and be a key player in the continued growth of the company and we will of course pay you a great wage with a great benefits package. But the real opportunity is to join us at a time when we are still small enough for you to be a major player in the company and have an exciting career ahead of you. You will have a great team around you to support you and the support of the senior management team. Tired of working for old fashioned IT firms? We can help, so apply to PDG and start a journey with an organisation that feels young, fun and most of all that is very excited about where we are going.
Key role responsibilities will include:
- Design and develop solutions in Oracle HCM to meet complex business requirements
- Provide functional support for clients supported by PDG
- To be commercially aware and identify further opportunities on client sites
- To lead the HCM practice and create a HCM strategy
- Contributes to the development and evolution of functional standards
Primary Required Experience:
The candidates’ primary experience should include:
- Upgrade or implementation experience with hands on experience in Oracle EBS R11.5.x, R12.x.x (minimum experience – 8 years in HR & Payroll)
- Expert in all aspects of HR and Payroll modules within HCM
- Must possess excellent documentation skills in AIM / OUM
- Bid and Proposal documentation
- Cloud experience and knowledge
The following competencies and attributes are key to success:
- Attendance; Due to the service orientated nature of this role, candidates must acknowledge that their attendance is defined by both PDG and the customer’s expectations and therefore candidates need to be flexible.
- Quality of Work; Due to the customer facing nature of the work, all external communications, be they verbal or documented, should be of the highest quality. This same attention to detail should be applied to internal information.
- Timeliness of Work; The nature of providing services to customer’s means that all work should be delivered within an agreed timeframe with the customer. It is essential that the customer’s expectations are met.
- Communication; Strong communications skills are an essential attribute. The role is customer facing role which requires both charisma to build relationships and channels within customers, as well as negotiate the day-to-day hazards that occur during normal interactions.
- Works well with others; An essential attribute of the candidate is that he/she is able to work with many different personalities and achieve the best results from them. An ability to be both diplomatic and demanding as the situation arises.
- Initiative; Candidates will often have to deal with situations where there are no pre-set guidelines in place. As such the individual will have to show initiative to pro-actively deal with situations as they occur. The candidate must be a self-starter.
- Consultancy Skills; Candidates need to be commercially aware and therefore always be looking for opportunities within the customer base where PDG can offer improved services or new engagements.
- Technical Skills; Other than the candidate’s core technical skills, they should be fluent in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Organisational Skills; Clear organisational skills are an essential attribute. Candidates will often be required to juggle many balls without dropping them.
- Appearance; As a professional consultant in front of customers, candidates should be smartly presented at all times.