Service Desk Manager
It is important that support resources are commercially aware as our support activities often have a direct impact on the revenue stream of the client. An ability to resolve short-term incidents must be coupled with the vision to identify and offer preventative resolution for potential issues that may occur in the future.
Ideally you will have knowledge of the ITIL framework and be familiar with the incident, change and problem management processes.
The role will be part of the PDG service desk in which there is a very strong culture of teamwork, cooperation and collaboration.
You will be joining our rapidly expanding team and be a key player in the continued growth of the company and we will of course pay you a great wage with a great benefits package.
But the real opportunity is to join us at a time when we are still small enough for you to be a major player in the company and have an exciting career ahead of you. You will have a great team around you to support you and the support of the senior management team.
Tired of working for old fashioned IT firms? We can help, so apply to PDG and start a journey with an organisation that feels young, fun and most of all that is very excited about where we are going.
To provide application support for PDG’s clients via remote support. Tasks will be assigned from the PDG service desk and the role will be considered to be part of this department.
Key role responsibilities will include:
- To manage the service desk day to day activities
- To act as an escalation point for any high priority incidents
- To be involved in all aspects of support for Oracle clients providing E-Business support
- To act as mentor to junior members ‘one team’ sharing skills, knowledge and experiences
- To be commercially aware and identify further opportunities on client sites
- To identify potential risks and assist in the development of resolution/preventative action
Primary Required Experience:
The candidates’ primary experience should include:
- Experience as either a Manager or Team Leader / Supervisor in an IT service desk capacity
- Functional Financials/SCM knowledge of GL, AR, AP, iExpenses, CE, FA, PO, iProcurement in Oracle E-Business R11 and R12 – minimum 10 years’ experience
- Oracle SQL and SQL tools e.g. SQL Developer, Toad – minimum 3 years’ experience
- Oracle Workflow administration – minimum 3 years’ experience
- Trouble shooting problems, including functional replication of issues
- Experience of raising Oracle Service Requests, including Sev-1 SRs, and the SR escalation process
- Proven experience in ITIL incident, change and problem management processes
Desired Required Experience:
- • Basic HRMS and/or Payroll functional experience – minimum 2 years’ experience
The following attributes are key to success:
- Attendance; Due to the service orientated nature of this role, candidates must acknowledge that their attendance is defined by both PDG and the customer’s expectations and therefore candidates need to be flexible
- Quality of Work; Due to the customer facing nature of the work, all external communications, be they verbal or documented, should be of the highest quality. This same attention to detail should be applied to internal information
- Timeliness of Work; The nature of providing services to customers means that all work should be delivered within an agreed timeframe with the customer. It is essential that the customer’s expectations are met
- Communication; Strong communications skills are an essential attribute. The role is customer facing role which requires both charisma to build relationships and channels within customers, as well as negotiate the day-to-day hazards that occur during normal interactions
- Works well with others; An essential attribute of the candidate is that he/she is able to work with many different personalities and achieve the best results from them. An ability to be both diplomatic and demanding as the situation arises
- Initiative; Candidates will often have to deal with situations where there are no pre-set guidelines in place. As such the individual will have to show initiative to pro-actively deal with situations as they occur. The candidate must be a self-starter
- Consultancy Skills; Candidates need to be commercially aware and therefore always be looking for opportunities within the customer base where PDG can offer improved services or new engagements
- Technical Skills; Other than the candidate’s core technical skills, they should be fluent in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Organisational Skills; Clear organisational skills are an essential attribute. Candidates will often be required to juggle many balls without dropping them
- Appearance; As a professional consultant in front of customers, candidates should be smartly presented at all times.