Business Development Executive
We are looking for a bright, proactive, dynamic individual who has a proven track record in IT sales. The role is to sell Oracle ERP and database related consultancy and managed services in a ” complex sale ” environment. The focus is on selling a small amount of large deals per annum, many of which will be multi-year managed service sales. All sales are to Oracle installed base customers selling a range of managed service, Cloud and add-on services to new and existing customers.
The company has an internal telemarketing team that generate a significant number of leads per month. You will inherit a ” warm ” pipeline of qualified opportunities to assist you to hit your sales target. Work will be approximately 40% office-based in Thatcham, Berkshire and 60% field based. Most (circa 90%) of our sales prospects are UK-based organisations. Whilst travel is a significant part of the role, you would rarely be expected to stay away from home. There is some travel to European customers very occasionally, although these visits are usually completed in a single day.
The role reports in to the Sales & Marketing Manager. You will be expected to provide accurate sales forecasts and work professionally to predict deal closures using the Salesforce Sales Forecasting system.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that is on a stellar growth curve. You would be joining relatively early in the growth phase and so comes with fantastic development opportunities
The candidates’ primary experience should include:
- At least 5 years in an IT field sales role
- A proven track record of hitting or exceeding targets
- Proven experience in accurate sales forecasting, account strategy, and planning
- Enterprise services sales background preferred
- Selling to senior level (IT Director, Senior IT Manager, Senior Procurement Staff)
- Excellent rapport building skills
- Experience in working with CRM systems, ideally Salesforce.
- 25 days holiday, Pension, excellent benefits package
- 2 minute walk from Thatcham Train Station with direct trains to Reading and London Paddington (45 minutes)
- Structured career and training program including training in selling Oracle ERP and technology.